Episode 3 of my Hold The Gluten Podcast is now live!
Episode 3 “Picnic Paranoia” Features:
- A Celiac’s “Picnic Paranoia”.
- Food as a social experience.
- Surviving (gluten free!) summer picnics, pool parties, and various shindigs.
- Easy Gluten Free dishes to bring to get togethers.
- Maureen’s 7 Layer Dip Recipe.
- “Beyond Rice Cakes” – a gluten free cookbook authored by Vanessa Maltin of the NFCA.
- Enjoying the summer months with an unglutened belly!
Maureen’s 7 Layer Dip Recipe
2 pints of sour cream
2 bags of shredded cheese
1/2 head shredded lettuce
1 jar salsa
1 can sliced black olives
1 can sliced green olives
3 large tomatoes diced
1 bag corn tortilla chips
- Spread the sour cream in the bottom of a 9 x 13 inch dish.
- Layer the shredded cheese to completely cover the sour cream.
- Continue adding a layer of shredded lettuce, salsa, black olives, green olives, and diced tomatoes.
- The final layer will be the remaining bag of shredded cheese.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
*Optional – For more variety, consider adding a layer of taco meat, shredded chicken, black beans or jalapeno peppers.
*PLEASE always double check the ingredients list or, if in doubt, call the manufacturer to confirm.
Read the blog. Listen to the podcast. Educate yourself.
Rock on Celiacs!
Click the player below to listen to the show! Subscribe to the podcast using iTunes (or whatever media player you use) at http://feeds.feedburner.com/htgpodcast